HOME SELLING GUIDE: CLOSING
There are a few things to take care of before closing on your home:
1. Final Walk-Through Inspection
This is the time when the buyers will re-visit the home the day before or day of the closing.
They will verify the following:
- Everything is in working order
- Nothing has changed since the last time they visited the home
- Nothing extra has been left behind
- Everything included in the purchase is still on the property
2. The Closing
A closing agent will provide you and the home buyers with a settlement statement summarizing the details of the financial transaction. The settlement and closing statements will be signed by both parties to certify their accuracy. At this time you should have also made arrangements to receive funds for the home either through an electronic wire transfer or certified bank check. You will need to bring property keys and other important documents for the home buyers to the closing.
- Denise Bell
- Kathleen T.
- Luke and Stephanie Platt
- Lisa U.
- Michael Chivleatto
- Ross Bennett
- Al and Carol Pastorius
- Cole and Aris Myers
- David and Suong Miles